• Nadal ouster surprises rivals

6/26/13 5:38 AM | Johan Lindahl
    Nadal ouster surprises rivals Andy Murray remained indifferent about missing out a chance to possibly face Rafael Nadal in a Wimbledon quarter-final after the Spaniard was beaten in the first round.

And with the draw opening slightly after Lleyton Hewitt put out No. 11 Stan Wawrinka, the Scot remains committed to worrying about his own game.

"It's pretty irrelevant right now," said second-seed Murray. "I have to win at least four more matches before that would even become something I would think about. It's obviously surprising. But, the consistency that Rafa, Roger, Novak have shown in the slams over the last five, six years, it's going to be almost impossible to keep that up forever. I didn't see any of the match, obviously, because I was playing. But, it's a surprising loss."

Former champion Hewitt was also on court during part of the Nadal match as the Aussie upset Wawrinka to take another seed out of that quarter. "I obviously knew about it only because I was following his court, I had to keep an eye on it.

"Even when Rafa was down two sets to Love, I thought it was going to go four, five sets at least. When I'm out there, though, that's the furthest thing from my mind. I was obviously trying to concentrate on Stan, you know, trying to get through this match."

Comments

I dont understand why can't US Open be a clay court tournament, I think it will balance the Grand slams perfectly. I think they should do it this year. It is enough there are two hard court Grand slams (US & AUS) long enough, its perfect time to switch.

vmm , 6/26/13 6:38 AM

Uncle tony fucks the rafa mam in the ass . They just mustnot let Rafa know about it otherwise he loses passion.

seventeen, 6/23/13 6:55 PM

phoenix , 6/26/13 7:45 AM

LOL! Delusions from rafa fans. they want US open on clay. Make sure you inform the USTA.

Oh, please also tell them it has to be only RED clay - blue/green and we will have the drama queen nadlina back to her whining ways. LOL!

JamesDjokovicFan , 6/26/13 12:35 PM

Who let the kids out? The comments on this site have deteriorated so much in recent months. I think I'll be removing this page from my bookmarks as there are just far too many vitriolic fanboys mindlessly flaming each other every day. I never thought I'd say it but Tennis.com will be my go-to site from now on. GL Ricky, Cheryl et al

lee214 , 6/26/13 2:37 PM

On another note anyone watching the Dustin Brown Hewitt match!?!

rbennett , 6/26/13 2:56 PM