• Gasquet heads up the bottom half of the draw in Halle

6/10/13 4:15 AM | Cheryl Murray
    Gasquet heads up the bottom half of the draw in Halle France's Richard Gasquet will take the No. 2 seeding at the Gerry Weber Open now that Rafael Nadal has pulled from the event.

Richard Gasquet sits in the bottom half of a Halle draw that is noticeably top-heavy. Roger Federer and defending champion Tommy Haas are both in the top half along with Jerzy Janowicz and Milos Raonic, while Gasquet shares his section with Kei Nishikori and Philipp Kohlschreiber.

Of the two seeds, Kohlschreiber is the bigger threat to Gasquet's spot in the semifinals. The German has historically played well at home and he has the capability to beat top players when his backhand is working well.

Prediction - Gasquet through to the semis.

Comments

Hope he makes the Final.

leftarmgonewrong , 6/11/13 6:53 AM

^^^are you legit? No disrespect meant but initially I thought you were one of the Chinese spammers when I saw you long name! If you are legit, I can call you @lagw, no? Easier to reference, and btw, welcome to TT..........

rafaisthebest , 6/11/13 7:03 AM

you like my username? thank you veewy much. Muzza fan excite for Wimbledon! Not a spammer. Legitimate tennis fan. I call you ritb, okay!

leftarmgonewrong , 6/11/13 7:14 AM

Meaning Richard Gasquet to become Halle finalist. Jerzy Jankowicz iznogood. He is tool tall. Nishikori ? **** on grass court

leftarmgonewrong , 6/11/13 7:21 AM

@ritb is fine by me, @lagw! And yes, I think your username is cool...............although I hope it is not a wish for that to happen to a "certain" lefty who also happens to be my favourite hahahaha!

rafaisthebest , 6/11/13 7:40 AM

ritb,

Be careful!

Nativenewyorker , 6/11/13 7:49 AM

no no no. two much rafa fan here. hahahahaha crazy to join blog for not like rafa! not me. thanks for talk, ok!

leftarmgonewrong , 6/11/13 7:51 AM

Nativenewyorker , 6/11/13 7:49 AM

Noted, thanks!

rafaisthebest , 6/11/13 8:14 AM

note to be careful to, thanks! excite to win to Gasquet!

leftarmgonewrong , 6/11/13 12:19 PM

lagw good see you in TT. I problem write too so we share tennis thinking it is ok. welcome

hawkeye , 6/11/13 2:19 PM