• Injured Murray forced out of Rome

5/15/13 5:07 PM | Kelli DeMario
    Injured Murray forced out of Rome World No. 2 Andy Murray is out of the Masters 1000 Rome after suffering a hip injury Wednesday afternoon. Opponent Marcel Granollers moves on to the second round.

Second seed Andy Murray was unable to complete his opening-round match, having sustained a hip injury on Wednesday. The 25-year-old Scot had leveled 3-6, 7-6(5) against Spain's Marcel Granollers, but was unable to continue into a final set.

Murray trailed 1-4 in the second set before closing in a tie-break. After receiving treatment, the World No. 2 retired at the one-hour, 51-minute mark.

Granollers is through to take on France's Jeremy Chardy, who recorded a second-round victory over 16th seed Kei Nishikori.

Comments

Murray injured on clay again? I thought clay was friendly to the body? I don't see him hardly ever getting injured on hard courts. Maybe it's time Murray called for a phasing out of play on clay courts like Nadal pushed his agenda against hard courts. Perhaps it's time for Murray to pull a Roddick/Sampras and forget about clay and try to avoid it as much as is feasible within the ATP rules.

chr18 , 5/15/13 6:55 PM

Well, chr18, you will be pleased to know you are not the only one wildly speculating about the cause of Andy's back problem: Maybe you and Neil Harman should get together:

RT @NeilHarmanTimes: "Matches in Madrid against Mayer and Simon, so much bending and stretching into awkward spots played havoc with Andy's back. Clearly hurting "

rafaisthebest , 5/15/13 7:07 PM

Maybe they should just ban tennis altogether, chr18.

nadline , 5/15/13 7:17 PM

Here's a FACT you may want to know, chr18, not that I expect you to be interested in those pesky details:

RT @SI_BTBaseline: "Most alarming thing about Murray news isn't that he might skip RG. It's that he's been struggling with this back issue since 2011. #atp"

rafaisthebest , 5/15/13 7:33 PM

poor Andy...I hope he gets better soon...he should prepare to make a statement at the Wimby...he should find time to rest and train on grass...clay is simply too dangerous for him at this condition...

natashao , 5/15/13 9:04 PM

explain to me guys , why would you do more bending and stretching on clay than on other surfaces?

Shireling , 5/15/13 9:09 PM

ritb,
It's a fact because somebody tweeted it? Why don't you try some original thought for once? About 80 % of what you post are tweets. This isn't twitter you know. Sure it's been there since 2011 but it only manifests itself during clay season. I believe.

chr18 , 5/15/13 9:26 PM

chr18, do you understand Twitter? Let me educate you: At the end of the tweet I posted it says: #atp, that means the information posted was obtained from thE ATP.

Don't worry, I understand your frustration because not only do you know nothing about tennis, are a homophobe, you also know nothing about sports injuries. How do you know Murray's injury manifests itself during clay season only? Are you his chiropractor? You believe? Your beliefs mean what exactly.

I make an effort to quote people in the know you come here and try to persude people with what, your beliefs?

Here is a stat you should be familiar with: 100% of your posts are rubbish.

rafaisthebest , 5/15/13 9:52 PM

Oh chr18, not only are you clearly ignorant where modern microblogging is concerned, you think Twitter refers to the sound of homing pigeons! Suggest you get out of your Mum's basement, and get yourself an education.............

rafaisthebest , 5/15/13 9:59 PM

@natashao - I agree. If RG is going to hold muzz back in any was for the grass, I'd rather he missed it.

alex , 5/15/13 10:10 PM

An education in microblogging? Sorry but when I got my degrees there were no courses on Twitter or Facebook (nor did they exist) neither of which I have any interest in. Obviously you should have gathered by now that I could care less what you think of me either. Here's a fact for you: The great Pete Sampras had a great career without a FO win. And guess what? I didn't even have to re-post it from the ATP or anybody else. So did many other greats. I suggest Murray avoid clay and move on to bigger and better things like Wimbledon.

chr18 , 5/15/13 10:15 PM

It's okay chr18, I understand where you're coming from. You need to be put through a degree course to understand Twitter etc, etc..............

Oh btw, an education is not limited to formal degree courses......just saying. And of course, you are so un-interested in what I have to say you keep responding to my posts directly.

Sigh.............

rafaisthebest , 5/15/13 10:23 PM

............and of course Twitter and Facebook cannot possibly have existed at the time you got your degrees, which was when, the dark ages?

rafaisthebest , 5/15/13 10:30 PM

The great Borg had a very successful career without a US or AO title

Stick to proctology. Tennis isn't your forte obviously.

#11UMBLE

Conspirator , 5/15/13 10:32 PM

#JustAsking

ed251137 , 5/15/13 10:39 PM

^^^^

Well said! Actually the fact that the great Pete Sampras could not win the FO, is a testament to how difficult it is to win this clay slam. You better believe that Sampras wanted to win, because it would have given him the career slam. That is the one glaring omission from his otherwise stellar tennis resume.

John McEnroe couldn't win there. He was up two sets to none against Lendl at the 1984 FO, but ended up losing when Lendl staged one of the great comebacks to get his first slam win. Even Jimmy Connors never won the FO.

The truth is that it's incredibly challenging to win on clay. Rafa just happens to make it look easy, as did Borg. I commend Murray for working to become better on clay. Why shouldn't he want to do well on this surface? We know that hard court and grass are more suitable to his game, but the fact that he wants to do well on clay reflects well on him as a player.

Nativenewyorker , 5/15/13 10:42 PM

They boast about their academic qualifications because they have none. Period. Seriously, do you need a degree to know/understand Twitter?

rafaisthebest , 5/15/13 10:42 PM

'maybe the bad luck for Andy comes from Twinge pretending he was his fan...black cat he is..:(

Oh little girl
Didn't your mama in....wherever never tell you that personal vendettas are a fools game?
But If you don't know that yet (apparently), be prepared to learn the hard way
;-)

Twinge , 5/15/13 10:44 PM

It is true what they say, you know, there are people who are struggling to keep up with the fast-changing information age......................

rafaisthebest , 5/15/13 10:49 PM

ed251137, 5/15/13 10:39 PM,

They boast about them because of a need to appear superior to the rest of us. Also, they can say whatever they want about their so-called academic qualifications and there is absolutely no way that this information can be verified.

I am inherently suspicious of anyone who provides information about their education on a tennis forum, or any forum online. Anyone here could say that they are the head of a Fortune 500 company and travel on private jets, live in an elaborate estate and take vacations on their yacht. But saying it does not make it true.

Nativenewyorker , 5/15/13 10:50 PM

'Well said! Actually the fact that the great Pete Sampras could not win the FO, is a testament to how difficult it is to win this clay slam..'

Stop using Andy's injury for your own nefarious psychological needs vis a vis Rafa.
We get it, how could we not!
Clay is tremendous...amazing even & requires sublime skill only capable of the best and most talented etc.
It's not tedious at all, oh no!
Clay courtiers are simply superior, and also it should be noted, get the best restaurant tables and GF's.
AND SO ON!
Enjoy your echo chamber like existence ladies for the next two tournaments at least.
But Andy is not a pawn to be used for your full time obsession.
Show some respect please.
Capiche?

Twinge , 5/15/13 10:57 PM

Twinge , 5/15/13 10:57 PM

Very true. It also is the most demanding Slam, physically. Andy confirmed as such, and he is right.

rafaisthebest , 5/15/13 11:04 PM

I hope Muzza gets his back sorted out soon.

rafaisthebest , 5/15/13 11:08 PM

RITB
I have given you a life time exemption due to my behaviour towards you and the fact that you are a rather sound individual,
Usually
But this tries my patience,
If Andy can't play well on this surface it's because (now pay attention everyone) he wasn't brought up on it.
As they others were.
That is all.
And if he doesn't play RG this time it's nothing other than the fact that he is injured.
Imagine all tennis was on a clay court for a moment,
How dull would that be?
Think of the flair and creativity that would be absent.
It doesn't bear thinking about really.

Twinge , 5/15/13 11:11 PM

Twinge , 5/15/13 11:11 PM

How am I trying your patience? I agree 100% with ALL the reasons you have spelt out in this post about why clay is a challenging surface for Andy......except the dripping sarcasm about clay as a playing surface of course. No-one is saying the other surfaces do not require skill etc, etc, maybe I am a little defensive because a lot of people denigrate clay so much, and I just want to put the record straight.......

rafaisthebest , 5/15/13 11:17 PM

You and your 'friends' are using Andy's injury in a political manner to benefit another player.
'Oh well at least Andy being injured shows how wonderful Rafa's achievements are on clay'
'It almost makes it worthwhile' etc
Please, clay is a horrendous filthy BORE
Not to you of course, but to me & many others not tireless advocates of RAFA.
And apparently it is to the Muzz Bear too....
The guy might have to pull out of the tour due to this!
No doubt you are one of these people who thinks nothing about farting in elevators and burping at the dinner table etc
I dunno I just thought that you were different, that's all.
Oh well

Twinge , 5/15/13 11:28 PM

Poor Andy. No sooner does he get his act together and prove he has what it takes to go to the top than the back issue raises its ugly head.

Fingers crossed he can get the problem sorted out asap.

ed251137 , 5/15/13 11:34 PM

Twinge, okay, having listened to the pain in your post about clay court tennis, I have a new objective: to convince you of the beauty of clay court tennis. We start tomorrow.

Please, if you can, no you MUST watch Rafa's match against Gulbis tomorrow, and then we shall talk. Okay? Please.

rafaisthebest , 5/15/13 11:36 PM

^^^what red socks, and shirts spattered with s**t?!?
Good luck with that..
However,
As its you darling
I will be keeping an eye on this encounter, hoping to be convinced...
;-)

Twinge , 5/15/13 11:43 PM

Twinge, 5/15/13 10:44 PM

Oh, I thought you quit reading my posts ever since that incident which exposed your ignorance in geography, history... leading to uncivilized behavior and sexist insults...but DEAR, where did your famous sense of humor go? No laughs at my jokes? I for one would very much like to put a smile back on your face...Dear...;)

natashao , 5/15/13 11:47 PM

Twinge, 5/15/13 10:57 PM,

You have a lot of nerve telling me what I am doing regarding Andy Murray! The quote you posted involved Sampras, not Andy! I am also sick and tired of you presuming to know what I think or feel or whatever. There's a lot of that going around on this site these days.

Your reply was nasty and mean-spirited and frankly, totally uncalled for. You are having your own war with Rafa fans and it's gone way over the line.

I am going to say what I wish to say and you don't get to tell me whether or not I can say it.

You used to be witty and funny, now you are just petulant and sour.

Nativenewyorker , 5/15/13 11:53 PM

I'd rather laugh at YOU, than laugh at your 'jokes' D.E.A.R.
Wherever they may be..
Actually, can someone find Natashao's jokes for me please?!
Or might that result in another exhaustive lecture on post Yugoslavian cultural & political rivalries/tensions
Yeah scrub that request!
I take it right back........

Twinge , 5/15/13 11:58 PM

ed and NNY,
I have not mentioned nor will I mention any specifics regarding my degrees or my career. I have been intentionally vague. It's nobody business but mine. You two have revealed a lot about yourselves. For example ed has her date of birth in her screen name and you have mentioned endlessly that you watched Borg and other legends such as Pancho Gonzalez and this has clearly led everyone to know that you are, let's be kind, no youngster. Yet you have complained endlessly about others making fun of your age or being ageist. So maybe you should follow your own advice to a degree.

chr18 , 5/16/13 12:10 AM

natashao , 5/16/13 12:11 AM

chr18,

What you did not address is that neither Ed nor I have spoken about our education. Revealing that I watched Borg and other legends doesn't make me old. If you can add and you know how young I was when I watched them, then it would not make me old at all. However, whether I revealed any information that might indicate my age, how on earth does that justify anyone making fun of that? If you attack someone for their age, then that by definition is being ageist and also prejudiced. Just like when you attack someone for their gender or race. These are things that no one can change or alter. Since you live in the states, then you know that there are laws to that effect.

You are confusing two entirely different things. You have revealed specific information about your education and vocation. We have not. That's the point.

Nativenewyorker , 5/16/13 12:19 AM

I wanted to make one other point about my feelings regarding clay court tennis. It's true that I have spoken at length about Borg as my first tennis love. Therefore, my admiration for a player who can excel on clay predates Rafa by decades. This idea that some have that anything I think or feel is about Rafa and that nothing came before, is simply inaccurate.

I admired Borg and many other players for their skill on clay. I have always felt that it took great skill and ability to be good on clay. People also forget that for most of the history of the sport of tennis, it was played only on clay and grass.

The only difference back in Borg's day is that you didn't have people going around trashing and demeaning his success on this surface or trying to diminish being good on clay.

Nativenewyorker , 5/16/13 12:24 AM

'hey, your are being naughty again, twinge "the BLACK CAT"...no need to get excited about my words or anybody's words for that matter...not good for your health...it's just words...DEAREST...
natashao, 5/16/13 12:11 AM

On a point of principle I'm going to spend my here demolishing you...

'You have a lot of nerve telling me what I am doing regarding Andy Murray! The quote you posted involved Sampras, not Andy! I am also sick and tired of you presuming to know what I think or feel or whatever...'

Then why don't you post it on a Sampras thread?!?
Honestly why don't you also stop whining about being a victim while you're at it?
If you really are this tough chick from 'New Yoik' then put me in my place, or at least try.
You'll get more respect and let's face it,
You are really not qualified to be a cry baby anymore are you?
Oh wait I'm being ageist etc
Shucks
SORRY!

Twinge , 5/16/13 12:33 AM

On a point of principle I'm going to spend my here demolishing you......

What in the world does that mean? With posts like yours Twinge I wouldn't worry about NY. You honestly haven't a clue about the guy you supposedly support. Andy
left Scotland as a teenager to learn tennis in Spain on clay courts. That's how much he valued clay, and still does value clay today. To be a complete player you have to be able to succeed on all surfaces. Andy won't be giving up on clay any time soon. As far as the injury goes, it was exacerbated on the h/c in the states.

And by the way, words are not meaningless. If that were true none of us would be here. They can be kind and loving or cruel and twisted and anything in between, and often reflect the personalithy of the writer. Yours most frequently tend to be of the cruel/twisted variety. It's a choice we make isn't it.

Maya , 5/16/13 1:13 AM

'Spend my TIME here'
I just don't like whingeing little cows that's all
Which brings me neatly to you....
Still 'having the painters in' I see Maya...
I imagine that your obesity can complicate things in that respect.
As if you weren't unappealing enough!
Murray left Scotland for a few years to play on the Spanish courts.
If you're too stupid too see the difference between this and playing on them since year 3 or 4....
Then there really isn't much to be done with you is there?
But then I knew that quite some time ago.
And please I'm only being a little bit sarcastic,
Nothing to commit suicide about is it?

Twinge , 5/16/13 1:47 AM

One fact: when Andy spent several years in his teens at a high level academy of tennis in Spain, not only playing on claycourt but in the country that produced so many top 100 tennis players especially adept at playing on claycourt.... while it is not the same as growing up on it ... it is a vastly better preparation to play on it professionally than most players have gotten who did not grow up playing on clay, e.g. (virtually) all the contemporary USA players.

Guess: Federer played a lot on claycourts growing, and if I am correct with this guess (most players on mainland Europe grow up playing a lot on claycourts as well as hardcourts) then he is another example of a player growing up on it for whom it is relatively speaking the weakest surface. That counts also for some of the current best Spanish tennis players.

Opinion: what is it at the root of it that bothers *certain* fedfans so much about this claycourt surface? Think about it calmly and objectively for a minute or two. There is a clear explanation... and it does not comprise most of what people write about it (boring, many longer games, can't serve and volley on it most times, etc.).... to put it more clearly... had the roles been reversed and Claycourts were Fed's best surface and Nadal's worst ... would *those* fedfans write (and actually believe?) what they say about this surface.

Clarification: as always I am making a distinction between the absolutely overwhelming majority of Fedfans (98%, say) who are calm and sane about their views and communications and those diminishingly few who are the opposite but tend to be rather in the majority of those Fedfans who post on tennis websites, to the point that it might look like they represent the views of the typical Fedfan

And finally: does making the above few points, granted - about the taboo subject of the truth about the clay surface (or at least how I see it) - necessarily have to be responded to with flames, insults and puerile vindictive and ultimately cowardly verbal behaviour? Of course the answer is: no

#EmperorHasNoClothes

#BeSilentAboutClayAndItsEvilDesigns

chlorostoma , 5/16/13 2:28 AM

Twinge, 5/16/13 1:47 AM,

Is there any point to putting you in your place? You come here and verbally threaten people on this forum. You make these threats knowing that you can never make good on them. So does that make you this tough guy, someone to be feared at all costs, someone who should make us tremble in our shoes at the very mention of what you presume to do to us? You don't know any of us, have never met us, don't know where we live or how to find us. So what does it make you if you threaten someone with no way to make it happen? You threatened to rip the flesh off the bones of chlorostoma. How? This gives you some satisfaction?

My comments about being ageist were directed to chr18, not you. I also don't have to play the victim here. I am not the one crying and whining about people ganging up on me or plotting imaginary conspiracies against me. I am not whining about being outnumbered and people ganging up on me. So save that for those to whom it applies. I don't need any sympathy or pity. Nor am I asking for it.

Why do I need to put you in your place? Why do I need your respect? I don't see that you have any respect for a number of people here. Nothing I say is going to change your opinion. But I wouldn't go trashing others if all you have are empty verbal threats that will never be carried out.

Nativenewyorker , 5/16/13 3:04 AM

nny,
after the flesh of the bones post (oh, so brave!) I called Twinge on it, his second abusive post because I had dared to write about clay. I don't usually call anyone here or off-line any names. But that one called for the right name (in my view) so this one time I called Twinge what I think his behaviour in those posts warranted: little wee bully.

Incidentally, at bottom bullies are insecure and cowardly.

Do not expect a reply from Twinge on your fair post. (Or expect a raving one.)

chlorostoma , 5/16/13 3:21 AM

It appears to be the MO of some on this site, that whenever a top player loses an early round match, it becomes an opportunity for some to engage in a free-for-all war on words to discredit the unfortunate players and their fans as well, especially those fans they hate. Further, not only is it an heartless act, it's downright classless, but at the same time, it is extremely obvious that the loss is an opportunity for some posters to instantly get into a carpe diem mode to apprise all and sundry of the superior prowess of some players on that magnificent surface, called clay. Said opportunity is exploited to the fullest. Further, it's without a doubt that a great amount of sadistic gratification is derived and some would stop at nothing to drive home the point that the players who lost are incompetent, inconsistent, and total misfits on the red/orange surface. whoop dee doo.
Geez, some people's lives must be very worthless for a loss to produce such viciousness.

scoretracker , 5/16/13 5:52 AM

Scoretracker, I do not see any Rafans rubbing their hands in glee at Muzza's injury. Remember, this is a chronic injury, not something that has just come about. Rafans, of all fans, know better than to make light of chronic injuries. The only poster who has exhibited viciousness about this issue is chr18 who attempted to gain sad capital out of Muzza's injury by seeing an opportunity to denigrate clay by saying it is the cause of Muzza's injury which of course he could not prove to be fact.

It is time Fedfans accepted that their hatred of Rafa has now reached ridiculous levels. Not everything associated with Rafa is evil. Clay is a legitimate ATP playing surface and yes, RG is the toughest Slam to win, the pros say so, not because Rafa is so strong there, but because it is so physically demanding.

rafaisthebest , 5/16/13 6:49 AM

^^^^

I was going to repost my comment @ 10:42 PM. but everyone is free to read it and draw their own conclusions. As far as I am concerned, my comments would in no way qualify as being " a free-for-all war on words to discredit the unfortunate players and their fans as well, especially those fans they hate." I also don't think there was any "heartless" or "downright classless act" or words. I challenge anyone to come to the conclusion after reading my post and even those of others on this topic thread, that there was any indication of "sadistic gratification".

ritb,

Needless to say I agree with your comments posted @ 6:49 AM. I cheering along with other Rafa fans and Murray fans when he won the Olympic gold medal and his first slam at the USO. I remember saying if it couldn't be Rafa, then let it be Andy.

I also pointed out in a subsequent post @ 12:24 AM that my admiration for players who can do well on clay goes back long before there was a Rafa. The pros realize how difficult it is to win on this surface and are respectful of those who have done well on it.

The only reason that prowess on clay is being demeaned is because of some Fed fans. I guarantee you that if Fed was the one with brilliant record on clay, that his fans would be trumpeting it as the greatest achievement in the history of tennis. But it's because Rafa is the one who has the success and the records that playing well on clay has to be demeaned and degraded in some way. That's not only unfortunate, but ignorant as well.

Nativenewyorker , 5/16/13 7:09 AM

scoretracker, 5/16/13 5:52 AM

Rafans know about this all too well.

nadline , 5/16/13 7:30 AM

For the record:
At age 15 Andy went to the tennis academy in Barcelona. He'd talked to young Spanish players and learnt that they regularily practised with the world No1. At the time his main hitting partner was Jamie.
He was born with bipartite patella which was not diagnosed until he was 16. He had an op and he didn't play for 6 months. He was entering tournaments all over the world then and at age 17 he won junior USOpen so I don't really know how much time he actually spent at the academy honing his clay skills.
Clearly the op didn't sort the condition and sliding on clay makes it worse. That plus the ankle braces he wears, certainly don't help.
My guess is that because of his knee, Andy is not comfortable on clay, it makes him anxious and that, of course, makes your muscles tighten etc.
I'm really sad for him, he's worked so hard to improve on clay.
Bummer of a birthday :(

deuce , 5/16/13 7:49 AM

ritb, why is it if and when you have a difference of opinion on what I or any other Fed fans comment on, you lump us all as 'you fed fans"? Why can't you deal with the person or persons on that matter alone and not speak of us as though we are all joined at the hip?

As for Fed fans being jealous of Rafa and putting him down, I probably am not the norm. I honestly don't care about their prowess and records, H2H, etc. I mention Fed's 17GS when some Nadal posters begin taunting Fed fans, that's all. I happen to like Fed's style of play, and I also like Rafa's intensity and temerity. He's necessary for tennis and adds more excitement to the sport when he's playing. I'm one of the Fed fans who likes Fedal and I've stated that there should be more competition at the top 4 level when Rafa was not playing. For me, tennis is not my number 1 priority, and if I get to see a match fine, if I don't no big deal.

On this matter of me talking about my education, there's no need to take things out of context as is the norm for some posters here.

My education came up when ed took it upon herself, without being asked, as she often enjoys doing (yesterday comes to mind) to attempt to teach me about writing and conjugation of verbs, parts of speech, etc. My reply was simply this: 'For someone who has 2 MS degrees in Electronic engineering and another MSEM, 3 MS degrees, plus a BA, I think by now I should know how to write a sentence, and my professor feels the same, coz I get very good grades, thank you very much". Since that time,I've been working on my PhD, and gosh darn it I'm extremely proud of my achievements, coz I've worked damn hard to get to where I am, and I'll sing it to the mountains if need be. ed and NNY have taken it upon themselves to consistently correct me about anything they feel they can use to my discredit, and make a joke of my educational background. Due to their adolescent behavior I decided that I will play their game by ridiculing what IMO is their lack of academic achievements. If they can play that game, then so can I, and if they don't like it, then tough., coz they started it, and we reap what we sow. I do believe in all honesty that they have a HS diploma and are not dropouts, and probably some college, but I don't think they have a lot of degrees.

I think chr18, practically had a similar experience with ed, NNY, Conspirator, coz they made fun of him, according to them, for not knowing some information, and he retorted that he has a PhD. Thus, it's not that either of us said "Hey, hear this everyone, I've got 3 MS degrees, and chr18 a PhD." the topic came about due to unprovoked harassment. And, now we have to hear about it whenever the mood strikes them. Another reason why age comes into the scenario, coz I feel, from my family, that older women do not get on websites to provoke younger people, and when they do so, then they open themselves to ridicule. The recipe is simple, don't provoke others, if you don't want to be put down yourself.

scoretracker , 5/16/13 7:54 AM

I made a mistake of writing the following on the Federer Begins rome thread, sorry, had to copy and paste on this thread..

The Americans get criticized for not playing the clay season, but they are not good at playing on clay, so why should they bother? it's also a very long period of time to be away from home.

I remember roddick getting injured at the FO and since then has always talked about the surface being his kryptonite. He got injured in rome in '08 and was off the tour for about 3 months. Sampras has thalassemia and found clay to be very exhausting. hence, IMO, those athletes who can 't play on clay and become injured a lot on that surface, then they should refrain from so doing. It's not worth it for them to try to put up good results and risk getting injured. IMO, it's better to ignore the clay season and concentrate on wimbledon, where not too many players get injured.

scoretracker, 5/16/13 8:08 AM

scoretracker , 5/16/13 8:12 AM

nadline , 5/16/13 8:28 AM

Lol nadline so at the time, Rafa wasn't a "young Spanish player."
Was avoiding product placement.....

deuce , 5/16/13 8:37 AM

You know it absolutely galls me to no end when someone here who knows precisely nothing about me, then presumes to decide that I only graduated high school. As opposed to others who like to blame anyone and everyone for what they choose to reveal on this site, I have not allowed myself to be goaded into discussing my education, family life and vocation. But it is appalling to see a perfect stranger decide my level of education, whether I have a man in my life or not, how old I am or who I am as a person. For the record, I remain skeptical of anyone who lists their education and/or achievements or vocation no matter what the provocation. There is no way to corroborate such information and as far as I am concerned, it's just a way for a few to somehow think that they are superior to others.

We all come here as equals for the purpose of talking about the sport of tennis. No one here should think that they are innately better than anyone for whatever reason. As I said in a previous post, any of us could claim to be the CEO of a huge company or another Einstein and there would be no way to verify any of it. That's why I disregard any information about education or business experience. We could all embellish our credentials, but to what end? If you need to talk about your level of education and can't let your posts stand on their own, then you are the one who has the problem.

Nativenewyorker , 5/16/13 8:49 AM

scoretracker , 5/16/13 7:54 AM

Pot calling kettle! Okay, I'll make a deal with you: I'll stop lumping you'all Fedfans as one if you stop lumping us Rafans as one, deal? And oh, you first, I am feeling very chivalrous today.................

rafaisthebest , 5/16/13 9:00 AM

deuce, you said "young spanish PLAYER(S") because you were loathed to give Rafa the credit.

nadline , 5/16/13 9:00 AM

Au contraire nadline, I certainly don't "loathe" anything or anyone to do with tennis.
For the record, I find your spirited defence of Rafa all the time quite sweet actually, as if he needs it...lol
But your constant referencing of Rafa in almost EVERY thread, drives me nuts.

deuce , 5/16/13 10:12 AM

Murray would have been a more aggressive player [in the Djokovic mould] if he didn't train in Spain [that is what clay does makes you uber-defensive]. Luckily conditions have been slowed down over the last 10 years, but such a passive-style of play means injuries galore. [check rafa nadal].

Credit to murray that he can still adapt to the faster courts. without the spanish intervention, Andy mighty already have landed a couple of wimbledons at the least. I hope he recovers in time for the wimbledon/uso run.

Clay is definitely a much inferior surface to grass. At best, FO is equal to the USO. [only because US doesn't care enough about tennis the last decade or so - check the ratings for tennis matches in the US] Sampras with 7 wimbledons and 0 FO will always be a greater player than rafa with 7FO and 2 wimbledons or Borg with 5 wimbledons and 6 FO.

Fedkovic23 , 5/16/13 11:14 AM

But your constant referencing of Rafa in almost EVERY thread, drives me nuts.
deuce, 5/16/13 10:12 AM

In that case I should try to do it more. There was no need to massage the facts other than to pretend that Rafa was not instrumental in Murray ending up in Spain to train.

nadline , 5/16/13 11:40 AM

Judy Murray said on the radio that it's unlikely that Muzz will play RG because he needs to be in peak condition for Wimbledon.

See, deuce............no mention of you know who.

nadline , 5/16/13 11:44 AM

Ampersat 7.54 AM

'I think by now I should know how to write a sentence'

'On this matter of me talking about my education'

Spot the deliberate mistake. lol.

For the record, I am full of admiration for people who are able to converse fluently and intelligently in another language other than their mother tongue.

You on the other hand have a reasonably good grasp of English but what you write is for the most part unintelligble and your multiple hang-ups prevent you from conversing with all but a handful of twisted people who share your warped view of life.

ed251137 , 5/16/13 11:56 AM

rafaisthebest, 5/15/13 10:30 PM

LOL. Comment of the year!!

----

Why do people like Chris18 and Scoretracker feel the need to keep boasting about their academic qualifications on a tennis forum - do they hold degrees in Sports Science? #JustAsking
ed251137, 5/15/13 10:39 PM

That's how insecure people behave!!

jean , 5/16/13 12:22 PM

I should add, you write intelligently when you confine yourself to tennis. It's the obnoxiously boorish tirades that have made you the laughing stock on this site.

ed251137 , 5/16/13 12:37 PM

Facebook started in 2004. It's pretty new. Only jean aka the uneducated one would think that was the dark ages. Another brilliant post.

chr18 , 5/16/13 12:54 PM

People bragging about, or even listing, their education history on a tennis forum is absolutely hilarious. Insecure much???

willmw101 , 5/16/13 1:30 PM

chr18 and scoretracker:

don't led these rafabots preach their "morals" to you. The sad fact is, most of them are at the wrong end of life [for lack of a better term] and having achieved nothing worthwhile in their life, they seem to be quite insecure when others mention their accomplishments. these morons would be mentioning thing ad nauseum, if some of their own ilk achieved anything substantial.

the bottomline is you can post anything you want as long as the moderators don't think it does not fit on this site.

good luck with your careers people!

Fedkovic23 , 5/16/13 1:30 PM

chr18, 5/16/13 12:54 PM

Completely missed the point of course, not surprising. Can't imagine how many more morons your uni alumni have spat out over the years. Another brilliant exposure of your pea brain.

jean , 5/16/13 1:35 PM

Fedkovic do you regularly find solace in forging slightly odd social connections with similarly marginalised users of tennis forums? Genuine question, not a joke. Would be interested to know if its a recurring theme in your life.

willmw101 , 5/16/13 1:35 PM

*alma mater'

I shouldn't use uni,, crap19 obviously never went to school.

Nishimitrov23 is nearly, nearly as pathetic as crap19

jean , 5/16/13 1:40 PM

summa cum laude

chr18 , 5/16/13 2:02 PM

Murray's till injured though

Shireling , 5/16/13 2:33 PM

excellent chr18. no wonder you are not a fan of rafa. LOL [j/k]. you mind sharing the name of the university if it is not too personal.... great achievement dude!

Fedkovic23 , 5/16/13 7:25 PM

Funny how the troll above, FedFederer23 and JamesFedererTroll seem to appear and disappear at the same time.

One and the same Fedbot fanboy obviously.

#VamosSyndrome
#10-19
#Punchbag

Conspirator , 5/16/13 8:09 PM

Federer23, chr19 got his degree on craigslist.

#11UMBLE

Conspirator , 5/16/13 8:41 PM

rafatard :

You forgot to include me, scoretracker,ts38,twinge and all other sane humans who don't have their heads stuck up rafa's behind like you rafafarts! We are all just one person, obviously because only rafa has more than 1 fan in tennis. Douchebag! Rafatard logic!

novakisthebest , 5/16/13 9:06 PM

Get out much, federeristhebest?

#11UMBLE
#10-19

Conspirator , 5/16/13 9:13 PM

You make these threats knowing that you can never make good on them. So does that make you this tough guy, someone to be feared at all costs, someone who should make us tremble in our shoes at the very mention of what you presume to do to us? You don't know any of us, have never met us, don't know where we live or how to find us. So what does it make you if you threaten someone with no way to make it happen...

Oh...oh no NNY,
The Internet, I have discovered, is the perfect conduit to the soul I'm afraid.
It's THE direct interface in fact, a miracle if you like, if one is the susceptible, and people like you and chloro
Maya and Natashao most definitely are..
Physical violence is not the only form of destruction you know.....
I may not have met any of you but you post your thoughts and that is enough.
The mind can be such a fragile thing you see
:-(

Twinge , 5/17/13 12:43 AM

Twinge,
If that's how you see the internet, then tell us your side of this:

A few days ago holdserve writes about clay being natural, I write some other thoughts about clay and you start insulting me just because it was supposed to be just you and holdserve writing (according to you) and the tone was extreme already. I point this out. You reply threatening me to take the skin off my body. First of all, I've never seen anyone write something so violent on this blog. I mention that your behaviour is that of a bully. From you: radio silence. (This was last weekend on another thread about Murray I believe).

OK, your turn: how would you describe your behaviour in this exchange with me (and similar behaviour of yours with various posters here?

chlorostoma , 5/17/13 1:16 AM

Why should I answer to a mediocrity like you?
I have no interest in making you feel better and that should be apparent to you
Get over it
Not everyone is going to like you and your passive ways
Sorry

Twinge , 5/17/13 1:48 AM

Twinge,

Besides being very rude, I found your behaviour extreme and very unexpected. All kinds of people write weird or insulting stuff here at TT and elsewhere, and a number have meltdowns. But you went one further: you threatened killing a perfect stranger, twice, in a tone like your mind actually believed in it.

After my first post which was simply about claycourts being more difficult to maintain and such, you wrote you were going to end my existence. In the second post your wrote about how.

What would you call that if someone wrote this way to you? sociopathic? No... you are not a sociopath, not at all. Bully behaviour? ... seems to fit.

If I were the one who had written it, and on a public site, even with anonymity, I would be horrified that I had done so.

It also made me wonder whether in real life, away from the virtual world, you act as a bully. Would not surprise me, I am sorry to say. I hope I am wrong.

The world out there, Twinge, does know a lot about bullies - in case you really are one - to understand what drives their behaviour is not complicated, very basic stuff. But two things are necessary. First one especially: stop the bully from harming anyone, children especially. Two... hard one, *if* the bully is willing, their true underlying needs can be met and they might no longer be included to bully others.

chlorostoma , 5/17/13 2:22 AM

Oh dear,
Spare me your pathetic psych 101 deconstructions for the love of god (or satan :)
Obviously you think you're quite good at that sort of thing, don't you?
This cloying passive aggressive rubbish is what irritated me about you in the first place.
I don't bully anyone in real life and it is odd to me that you would identify with children in this respect.
You are, I assume, not a child although your need to seek some kind of acceptance from me reeks of childishness (see I can be crassly psych 101 too!)
You have clearly built up coping mechanisms and ways to accept this kind of perceived attack but I was not bullying you initially I wasn't even interested in speaking to you.
You were the one that complained about me and yet you shamelessly thought I should overlook this and engage with you.
Sorry that is too shallow for me, I can't pretend to converse with people who have a problem with me as if everything Is hunky dory. There's not enough time in the day for that I've found.
I'm simply telling you to f**k off as is my right but you won't have it so all the fannying mind games have to be played out and the rest of the bullshit because you can't handle someone not liking you.
Too bad for you but it's time to grow up.

Twinge , 5/17/13 2:52 AM

all this diversion aside, Twinge,
answer *directly* the one question:
what made you write to a perfect stranger here on TT, a site about tennis, twice in a row that you intended to kill him? and then evade any references to this?
That is the one thing that is so extreme, and truly makes me curious.
Do you not see this the way others do?

chlorostoma , 5/17/13 2:58 AM

Diversion?
Only in your little mind
Again I find you a rather pretentious poster
I didn't make any reference to killing you
Stripping your flesh was clearly a (highly effective it turns out) metaphor.
If I could get hold of you I might strangle you but it's a non starter, you are entirely safe,
Physically at least...
So stop getting your panties in a twist!

Twinge , 5/17/13 3:10 AM

thank you for answering my question *directly* finally

If you allow yourself to write this last post, and those of last weekend, and feel that is all entirely OK, it does say an awe full lot about yourself. If that does not trouble you, well, then that's how it is then.

I don't know what makes you so prone to verbal violence and expressions of superiority... in your life outside of the internet (it can only originate there)... what else can I say, other than I hope you have some caring and wise friends who might help you when you're ready.

chlorostoma , 5/17/13 3:33 AM

willmw101 , 5/16/13 1:30 PM
-----
I have only pity for you coz you're so messed up it's pathetic. It must be very painful having to fight 3 or more demonic voices in your head and can't decide which one to please. e.g., when you're posting as willmw, you hear voices and see things other people write as racist. and, when you're writing as conspirator (you did that just this week) you see racist comments, eg., Fedkovic 23 isd a racist. do you remember that one? I think you should decide to stick to being one of your many personalities and be consistent, but you just can't coz you're so damn messed up. You need to be willmw to p**ss on the djoker. BTW, would you prefer me to write about marian Vaidja in your way and what Novak said to the crowd.

--------
@granny, You are just a jealous old bat who wants for other young people to suck up to you, coz you think you're hot stuff, and is under some weird notion that you know what defines a SOH. You're an expert at playing dirty. i suppose when I'm 77, i'll probably learn some of your tricks, but truthfully, I'd hate to be like you, a miserable old woman who pines for the tuch of a 26 Y/o guy. all you can do now is dream of what could have been if you were 26. bwahahaha.

Get this into your thick head, IMO, you are just a miserable old busy body, who likes to bait some of us (who are not in young gang) by making fun of our typos and accusing us of not being smart, then when we retort with info on our backgrounds, you and the gang use our information to make fun of us, under the pretext that you're having a good larff (you did this to fleur and sienna consistently then called for them to be banned) . I remember when you and your friend NNY used to fight with each other. You'd show her up by pretending to give her advice, then criticize her. e.g., get off your high horse darling, and she'd tell you, leave me alone ed, you don't get to tell me what to say. Do you remember those times granny, who has lost her youth and is so bitter about it? And, say what you will, it's not going to change who you are IMO, not to those whom you have relentlessly persecuted for your sick pleasure. You're sly and cunning, so just go to hell old woman.

scoretracker , 5/17/13 4:02 AM

@grannyma, i'm still waiting for those instruction that were allegedly given to me by others on how to contact the mods. As usual, it was just another of your sick attempts to show me upand make me look bad. Cough it up granny, or else you are what i've said previously , A LIAR. It's too bad that a granny has to lie in this manner as a sick attempt to make others look bad.

@Fedkovic23, thanks for your words of inspiration. Jealousy rules. I see the gang is still in denial that there can be more than one new Fd/djoker fans. People will become interested when they see someone of their own thinking posting, and will be driven off, when they see so much fighting with those of similar thoughts. This is what has happened to the Fed fans who've left. Now e have some new posters, and the gang is trying to drive them off coz they are not one of the majority. Very sick!! I hope you and the other novak fans won't disappear.

Perhaps you'll get lucky to be treated to grannymaNo.1's tales of the many friends she's made on this site, and the gettogethers they have. And, let's not forget the loss of Borg, cortisone injections, the back problems and all such other maladies being recited by the other grannymaNo.2. LOL.

scoretracker , 5/17/13 4:20 AM

@grannymaNo.1, I forgot to add, when you criticize others of giving out personal information, remember, you do worse, voluntarily, without anyone asking. You talk of your french husband, your daughters schooling and living in rural France, and much more. Funny, you didn't explain that the ampersat is a publishing/editorial thing, albeit you let us all know you worked for time magazine, which is the only reason you know about the word. And, let's not forget the vacations in Spain with your sister to recuperate from your accident, and where you go and what you do in france. thus for you and the other grannyNo2, to criticize some of us here for defending ourselves, which entailed giving out our academic info is not only being hypocritical but cunning. You could have asked us, but you used the dirtiest path, which is to criticize and provoke us into divulging such info, then you use it to degrade us. How sick are you?.

On the matter of not wanting to discuss someone's academics, why would you want to give info on what you DON'T have? All that fluff about not knowing someone, etc., and what people can do on the internet, is a big coverup for the obvious, you've got very little to talk about.. Your behavior is indicative of older women who have not advanced academically. If you did, you'd be so busy working or on some committee doing something worthwhile for the god of humanity. Instead, you're on this site fighting with the young people and others several times a day. Older, educated women don't get into such stuff. And, all the preaching of not knowing us or we not knowing you, does not stop you from referring to those you hate as a loser, a failure, ignorant, and losing one's humanity, etc., and many other names, how would you know this? See it works both ways. In the future you need to think before you try to discredit some of us. Telling someone they've lost their humanity is just as bad as someone saying they'd rip your head off.

scoretracker , 5/17/13 5:13 AM

^^^^

At it again, I see! So we so-called older women have nothing worthwhile to do with our time and that's why we are here? LOL! Then what are YOU doing here, pray tell? You and your other lackey, the wannabe Fedkovic and then there's the other tag along, novakisthebest.

Since you love to accuse others of posting under more than one screen name, then how do we know that you and your other cohorts aren't one and the same person?

See how it goes? You open up your big mouth and step right in it! You have only proved what I said - ignorant failures in life are the ones who come on here and make up nonsense about their education so that they can have an air of superiority. I think you are the high school dropout, if I am being honest.

I come here to talk about tennis. You have an entirely different agenda.

Oh and thanks for the latest meltdown. I was wondering what took you so long! LOL!

Nativenewyorker , 5/17/13 6:49 AM

bwahahaha, last froth & foam session

Nativenewyorker , 5/16/13 8:49 AM

Nothing to do an all day to do it in. Granny No.2

scoretracker , 5/17/13 7:06 AM

Oh my goodness! How flattering! You quoted my entire post! Thanks so much!

You know, it was actually better reading it now that when I initially wrote it! Great stuff! I just hope you learned something from it.

Now maybe you can learn how to post in a reasonable manner without all the unnecessary histrionics and endless propaganda. If this helps you in any way, then it will have been worth it. :)

Nativenewyorker , 5/17/13 7:35 AM

Bwahahaha, No, t wasn't to flatter you but to show others what I was referring to, e.g., your latest rant or was it a memorable meltdown (as you and your cohorts like to refer to other posters' answers) whenever you're told the truth about yourself -- it galls you. LOL.. You get away with a lot of accusations that are untrue because I don't care to dig for the details of what you write, but I will do so henceforth so keep foaming and frothing. I'll be taking notes on how much you like to lie.

I'm still waiting for those posts and instructions on how to contact the mods from grannyMa No.1.

scoretracker , 5/17/13 7:57 AM

@NNY
Saw somewhere, goodness knows where now, that a poster was suggesting because you love Borg, you must be 195 years old.
Surely if you have a genuine love of tennis, you cannot exist in a Fedal vacuum? Surely you would watch that old fashioned technology that enables you to enjoy the tennis of past greats even if only to see how they measure up to your own favourites? When it rains at Wimbledon....often lol, the BBC shows classic finals like Mac v Borg.
People who chuck outrageous ageist comments round on here would better spend their time brushing up their knowledge of the beautiful players of the past. Just ignore m'dear.

deuce , 5/17/13 8:06 AM

deuce,

As a matter of fact, I do love to watch Borg's matches over and over. I can see some classics on the tennis channel or on youtube. Recently the tennis channel showed the ten greatest matches of all time. They also show some of the great matches in the week leading up to RG and Wimbledon.

I do love the history of this sport. I have watched it all my life. I noticed that the ones who make fun of supposedly older people, display an appalling ignorance about the past great tennis players.

Wise words from you! Thanks! :)

Nativenewyorker , 5/17/13 8:52 AM

Has it finished yet?

ed251137 , 5/17/13 11:56 AM

Scoretracker only comes here for the only social contact it can get; nobody ever wants to interact with pathetic, nasty Fedtards. Again taking up valuable space to brag about itself and fellow fedtards while constantly fighting with everyone who isn't a fedtard. You need to go on meds pronto!

jean , 5/17/13 12:15 PM

I have long suspected that S/T has been lurking on TT for a lot longer than the 2 years she claims. There are clues in the latest outburst that prove it.

Why it should matter to have evidence of having been told before how to find a TT email address is beyond me - other than her annoyance at having been caught out pulling the same trick twice. She knows full well it was on a 'news' thread and that only blogs are archived back that far. It is obvious, however, that she herself assiduously archives every thread on a daily basis to provide herself with material for her incessant trolling.

ed251137 , 5/17/13 12:28 PM

Maybe this will shut scrottracker up:

#DoubtIt
#YoureWelcome
#Attenti onWhore

Conspirator , 5/17/13 2:26 PM

Jesus, Scrotracker has fallen off the wagon again. Not a day goes by where she cant resist insulting people on a tenis forum. So So funny. Please carry on Scrotracker, its amazing to watch.

willmw101 , 5/17/13 2:42 PM

^^^^^^^ :-D

Now I can sue for libel - or should it be slander when it is on a blog?

ed251137 , 5/17/13 2:43 PM

yapper and bEDwetter:
please stop your moral sermons like you are some saints. I see bitter people like you all over this world. family abandons them and they got no friends, so they sit on a blog all day trying to provoke and get some attention. you got these clowns called rafafans to encourage your senile and imbecile posts.
I know memory goes for a toss as you get older, but you guys are beyond belief. It scares me regarding the havoc that aging can wreak on the human mind. You keep yapping and blabbering the same things again and again. It?s the same crap ? scoretracker/me/novakisthebest or any other fan who doesn?t get blinded and obsessed by a 26year old who can never stop picking his behind and has the most ugliest defensive game of all time. By your ape-level logic, all you rafabots must be the same ? maybe you are, [it would be so much better for the world that all this stupidity is coming from one person rather than a bunch of individuals who are all mentally challenged].
You keep trying to hound and gang-up on fed/djokovic fans who have something different to say. Guess what? They don?t give a rat?s behind to perfect morons like you. Face up to the fact that we are going to laugh at you and rafa just like you dole it out to fed/djokovic/murray fans or anyone who has better accomplishments or makes you jerks feel insecure. Get this into your thick skulls and whatever grey cells that remain active ? Federer has much more fans than your puny idol. He commands more appeal, has greater achievements, greater stardom and fandom than the BP. (Actually sharapova has more clout than the bull, by some metrics). So, please stop with your asinine comments trying to lump all federer/djokovic fans because it helps you feel less lonely imagining that only one person can find you guys to be stupid or imbecile.
So keep continuing with your moronic agenda that scoretracker/me/novakisthebest or other federer or djokovic fans are the same. Just let me know when you actually have some proofs and not just your imbecile and retarded opinions.

Fedkovic23 , 5/17/13 3:27 PM

"#Attenti onWhore"

So you are calling scoretracker an attention whore? what does that make you imbecile and insecure losers?

Moderators, please let me know if wh0re is the only abusive word you allow or can we use other abusive words too? I have quite a lot of abusive words (in multiple languages and I can use them to abuse their parents and sons and more.)

Fedkovic23 , 5/17/13 3:36 PM

@fedkovic
remember that video I posted. A choice quote: "all women are w...."

tj600 , 5/17/13 3:38 PM

Don't take our word for what this kind of behavior is.

It occured to me a few minutes ago to google "why people troll?". Among the top hits an article from the BBC. Here is the first portion of it.

~~~

An internet "troll" has been jailed for mocking dead teenagers on various websites. Public figures, including Stephen Fry and Miranda Hart, have also been victims of trolling. So what is it and why do people do it?

For some the word derives from a fishing term for towing bait behind a boat, for others it comes from the Norse monsters. But today trolling is more likely to involve a keyboard and mouse than a trawler, and if not a monster, it is a very modern menace.

Opponents might characterise it as the internet equivalent of road rage, vandalising a grave, or kicking a man when he's down.

Trolling is a phenomenon that has swept across websites in recent years. Online forums, Facebook pages and newspaper comment forms are bombarded with insults, provocations or threats. Supporters argue it's about humour, mischief and freedom of speech. But for many the ferocity and personal nature of the abuse verges on hate speech.

In its most extreme form it is a criminal offence. On Tuesday Sean Duffy was jailed for 18 weeks after posting offensive messages and videos on tribute pages about young people who had died. One of those he targeted was 15-year-old Natasha MacBryde, who had been killed by a train. "I fell asleep on the track lolz" was one of the messages he left on a Facebook page set up by her family.

Duffy is the second person to be jailed for trolling in the UK. Last year Colm Coss was imprisoned for posting obscene messages on Facebook tribute sites, including that of Jade Goody.

Trolling appears to be part of an international phenomenon that includes cyberbullying. One of the first high-profile cases emerged in the US state of Missouri in 2006, when 13-year-old Megan Meier killed herself after being bullied online. The bully, Lori Drew, was a middle-aged neighbour who had set up a MySpace account to win - and later betray - her trust. Drew was acquitted of unauthorised computer use in 2009 due to concerns that a conviction would criminalise false online identities.

The First Amendment of the US Constitution protects free speech and makes it difficult to punish people who post offensive messages. But concern over internet vitriol is growing.

Facebook's former marketing director Randi Zuckerberg and Google head Eric Schmidt have both suggested anonymous posting should be phased out.

One of the difficulties is that trolling is a broad term, taking in everything from a cheeky provocation to violent threats. And why people do it continues to baffle the experts.

"Online people feel anonymous and disinhibited," says Prof Mark Griffiths, director of the International Gaming Research Unit at Nottingham Trent University. "They lower their emotional guard and in the heat of the moment may troll either reactively or proactively."

It is usually carried out by young adult males for amusement, boredom and revenge, he adds.

Arthur Cassidy, a social media psychologist, says young people's determination to create an online identity makes them vulnerable to trolling. Secrecy is jettisoned in favour of self-publicity on Facebook, opening the way for ridicule, jealousy and betrayal.

And the need to define themselves through their allegiance to certain celebrities creates a world in which the rich and famous become targets for personal abuse. As a result trolling is "virtually uncontrollable" until the government forces websites to clamp down, he says.
But it's not just young people. Scan any football, music or fan site and there are people of all ages taking part in the most vituperative attacks. But many of the theories that have been put forward as to why people do it don't stand up, says Tom Postnes, professor of social psychology at Groningen University in the Netherlands.

After researching "flaming" - the term for trolling in the early days of the internet - he rejects the idea that people "lose it" when online. If anything they become more attuned to social convention, albeit the specific conventions of the web. Provoking people appears to be the norm in some online communities, he says.

~~~

and further down:

~~~

"There's something about a bully that really annoys me," he says. "They'll say something online that they'd never dare to say to your face."

The deviousness is "freaky". He discovered that one of those who'd threatened him was a 14-year-old girl with nine different online identities. They aren't always very intelligent about how they do it, he says.

"One guy tweeted from his work account that he hoped my kids die of cancer. I let the MD of the firm know and the guy was fired. I felt no guilt, he should have gone to prison."

chlorostoma , 5/17/13 3:45 PM

Those last two comments from Fedkovic are beneath contempt.

ed251137 , 5/17/13 3:51 PM

So were Twinge's three posts in which he threatened to kill me.

chlorostoma , 5/17/13 3:55 PM

Fedkovic23, 5/17/13 3:27 PM

I guess you have nothing of substance to say so you just use a lot of words to say it.

#NotTheOnlyOne

Conspirator , 5/17/13 4:11 PM

oh my posts are filled with contempt as opposed to your fellow thug constipator calling someone an attention whore?

If that is your definiton of less contemptible, believe me, I have got lots of colourful words that will make me as less contemptible as that clown.

Fedkovic23 , 5/17/13 4:14 PM

tj600:

no wonder these grannies are rafa fans. they are hoping beyond hope that they will get "some". LOL! I am positive rafa wouldn't even touch them with a 100ft stick. god knows he has his own OCD and other psychic trauma uncle toni's "john tomic" like behaviour. he doesn't want these lunatics aggravating any of those conditions. LOL!

Fedkovic23 , 5/17/13 4:22 PM

The following post(s):

Federer19, 5/17/13 4:14 PM
Federer19, 5/17/13 4:22 PM

is (are) from a fedbot fangirl trolling for a reply. Please to not respond.

This is an automated post.

#11UMBLE

Conspirator , 5/17/13 5:38 PM

The moderators need to step in and do something about the posts @ 3:27 PM, 3:26 PM, 3:36 PM, 4:14 PM and 4:22PM.

These posts are bigoted, racist, prejudiced in every sense of the word. There is no excuse for allowing any of it on this site. No one should have to come on here and read this kind of filth.

The "ape" comment in and of itself is pure racism! Unacceptable.

Nativenewyorker , 5/17/13 8:15 PM

Would you like it if you were referred to as the Attenti onWhore - which I take it, sounds very welcome to rafatards?

Fedkovic23 , 5/19/13 1:41 AM

#Yawn
#10-20
#PDFFT

Conspirator , 5/19/13 3:29 AM

She'll condone anything her lackey writes, even if she were to call her an attention whore, coz she's makes her laugh and gets her through bad times. A downright hypocrite.

And what about those Loooonnnngggg posts? If it were from a Fed fan they would be chanting how much valuable space is being used. up.

Lackey is writing her pseudo warnings. LOL.

scoretracker , 5/19/13 6:27 AM

Not that this will shift chr18's dogma, but knowledge is power they say:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2013/may/18/andy-murray-f rench-open-wimbledon

"The most tempting is to play in Paris for as long as he can manage the pain in his lower back, as he has done for 18 months, and hope he does not do too much damage, either structurally to his body or through the steady buildup of drugs that deaden the pain."

So, if he has been managing the lower back problem for the last 18 months, this would mean he started feeling it around November 2011. Did he play any clay tournaments around then?

rafaisthebest , 5/19/13 10:10 AM

The clay is really looking red this year 2013..............................
Its lookig like a breakthrough year in Paris
It takes a King to fall for the another one to rise.

hrsikesa , 5/19/13 10:47 AM

@scoretracker:

I guess they are ok with it because they are the REAL Attenti onWhores and are addressed as such by people who know them.

Fedkovic23 , 5/19/13 12:00 PM

#Yawn
#10-20
#PDFFT

Conspirator , 5/19/13 12:14 PM

Djokovic has about as much class as a turd.

On a separate but equally important note: fedkovic do you not feel a little sad always asking for the moderators help? Pitiful. ROFL.

Scrotracker , 5/19/13 8:00 PM

Only one player now cares whether Muzz plays RG or not, as far as the draw is concerned, and it's not Rafa. That's why I said whatever will be will be. It was pointless worrying about where Rafa would be in the draw when there was absolutely nothing anyone could do about it.

nadline , 5/19/13 9:40 PM

Assuming Muzza pulls out of RG, Rafa will be seeded 3rd and Ferru4th, a proposition that neither Fed nor Novak will find appealing. This new aggressive Ferru can spring a surprise. I can see this Ferru taking this Fed out easy and he can give Novak a lot to think about.

Last year Ferru took out Muzza. IMO the new Ferru is the joker in the pack.............

rafaisthebest , 5/19/13 10:26 PM