• Djokovic battles into Dubai quarterfinal

2/27/13 8:29 PM | Kelli DeMario
    Djokovic battles into Dubai quarterfinal World No. 1 Novak Djokovic earned a quarterfinal berth at the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships, having ousted Robreto Bautista-Agut late Wednesday. The top seed is through to face 7th seed Andreas Seppi in the next round.

World No. 1 Novak Djokovic advanced to the last eight in Dubai following his straight-sets ousting of Spain's Roberto Bautista-Agut. The 25-year-old tallied 6 aces and four service breaks through to a 6-1, 7-6(4) victory in 91 minutes.

"I think I played really, really well and at a high level throughout most of the match," Djokovic explained.

"And then I had another poor game like yesterday towards the end, when I needed to close it out with a few match points. At 5-4 he served well, he fought his way through, and I have to give them credit for that. He's a great competitor. I never played against him, so I didn't know really what to expect. But generally I'm feeling quite confident on the court, which is a good thing."

Djokovic is slated to take on 7th seed Andreas Seppi for a place in the semifinals. The Italian defeated the Czech Republic's Lukas Rosol in round two, 6-4, 7-6(4).

Comments

What's up with Nole not being able to close out matches?!

danica , 2/28/13 12:46 AM

He closes them out when needed. WTF and Australian Open.

pennster , 2/28/13 5:54 AM

Why is Djokovic wearing his pyjamas? If Rafa had worn that, Cheryl would have done a blog on it. Lol

nadline , 2/28/13 4:56 PM

I'd take pyjamas over g string anyday. Has Cheryl done a blog on that yet?

samprallica , 2/28/13 5:22 PM

touche sampra on multiple levels :)

vamos.

rfzr , 2/28/13 6:49 PM

touche sampra on multiple levels :)

vamos.

rfzr , 2/28/13 6:50 PM

sampralica, have you ever seen anyone playing in their g-strings? I haven't.

nadline , 2/28/13 8:35 PM